The journey of bringing a child into this world is a beautiful thing. The waiting, the emotions, imagining your life changed by the little angel that will soon come to this world, they all evoke a sentiment like no other. But pregnancy is not all warmth and happiness. With all the morning sickness, stretch marks and pregnancy hormones, it is no less than an annoying ride. Let us take stretch marks or pregnancy rashes for instance- they can pop up suddenly over your belly, bust and thighs.
When Do Stretch Marks Appear During Pregnancy?
Stretch marks usually start appearing from when you are 13 weeks pregnant to 21 weeks pregnant. It depends on your genetics when they show up on your body. Some women fear them, some women won’t even talk about them, and a few wear them proudly as a badge of motherhood.
However, if you’re experiencing a severe bout of stretch marks that itch and turn red at the slightest provocation, a soothing belly butter is what you need to calm those marks down and to take skin care during pregnancy. We have selected the most tender and chemical-free lotions and body butter for your comfort. All you have to do now is choose a product from this list of the pregnant belly creams!
Best Lotion for Pregnancy Belly
1) Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
Burt’s Bees understands your desire to do everything to keep yourself and your baby healthy. This product is a rich belly butter that can safely moisturize and provide suitable nourishment to your stretching skin. Ingredients like cocoa butter, shea butter, and jojoba butter keep your skin smooth and supple throughout your pregnancy and even after the arrival of your baby.
- 5-ounce jar of 99% natural and rich belly butter
- Fragrance-free belly butter that is specially formulated for expectant mothers
- Has no phthalates, parabens, petrolatum or SLS
- One tub can last for up to 3 months depending on usage
- Easily absorbed by the skin, leaves no residue anywhere
- Also, helps remove itching in the belly
2) Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion For Stretch Marks
Palmer’s brings you this massage lotion for pregnancy belly with its cocoa butter formula to deal with and prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. This body butter contains cocoa butter, vitamin E, and elastin which functions as a lubricant for your skin while maintaining your skin’s natural elasticity and moisture.
- A non-greasy cream that softens and relieves stretched skin without any residue
- Hypoallergenic to ensure you have a supple skin with no allergies
- It is paraben-free, phthalate-free, and is a dermatologist tested product
- Works on old stretch marks to lighten them
- Can be easily used for your face along with your body
3) Earth Mama Body Butter
This product is a rich emollient body butter for pregnant women made by Earth Mama. It fuses Borage oil and Neroli essential oil with organic shea butter and calendula to give your skin the best possible protection against skin rashes and stretch marks without aggravating your morning sickness. The herb-infused blend helps in soothing your itchy and stretching belly and hips, discouraging stretch marks and easing dry skin.
- Toxin-free lotion that is made without any synthetic fragrance
- This lotion is also naturally vegan and gluten-free
- NSF/ANSI 305 certification by Oregon Tilth makes it one of the safest lotions for pregnancy
- Contains orange extract that acts as a stimulant for cell renewal
- Has organic aloe vera leaf juice, sunflower seed oil and red raspberry seed oil that have natural SPF in them; therefore aiding in sunburn relief.
4) Motherlove Pregnant Belly Salve to Prevent Stretch Marks
Motherlove’s all-natural luxurious salve nurtures your body while preventing stretch marks and relieving the itch that comes with a pregnant belly. With certified organic herbs that are known to prevent scarring of the skin and make it smooth and supple, it is perfect for regular moisturizing.
- This creamy lotion for pregnant bellies is scented with lavender and chamomile, giving it a light, pleasant and herbal fragrance
- All ingredients are 100% certified organic
- Guaranteed to keep your belly skin soft all day
- Can be used for effective results even postpartum
- Perfect for sensitive skin, virtually zero chances of allergies or breakouts
5) Mommy Knows Best Stretch Mark Vanishing Cream
This stretch mark cream contains the ideal blend of vitamins and essential oils to calm down the itchy skin and leave your belly smooth and soft. The high-quality ingredients and customized process formulate a body butter that will deeply penetrate the skin for optimal and long-lasting results.
- Not to be used over a chemical peel or other removers of skin cell tissue
- Does not contain, hyaluronic acid, caffeine, argan oil, rosehip or tea tree oil
- It also reduces visible age spots, freckles, and discolorations.
- Your skin will definitely be tighter and softer after regular application of this lotion.
6) Belly Butter – Organic Decadent Cream Helps Prevent Stretch Marks
This Lilah James Mama Belly Butter is a decadent natural cream for soothing itchy and dry pregnant bellies, and one of the best belly butter options. With African Shea, coconut and jojoba butter your skin stays soft and rich with moisturizers. Macadamia nut oil and Tamanu oil help in toning the skin and reducing stretch marks.
- Wild African Shea, Jojoba, Coconut, Aloe, and Cocoa Butters provide instant relief to dry skin by hydrating and moisturizing it
- No parabens, PEGs, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance/colorants, xenoestrogens, glycols or phthalates
- A luxurious whipped cream texture instead of a greasy texture makes it easy to apply
- They offer a 100% hassle-free money-back guarantee if you dislike the product!
- Absorbs quickly into your skin without leaving you itchy or sticky
7) Lil Leona Pregnancy Cream For Stretch Marks
This lotion for pregnant women promotes vibrant skin with its natural but effective moisturizers. You can now get the nourishment and protection that your skin needs without the chemicals that clog your pores and not let your skin breathe.
- Lil Leona’s pregnant belly butter is one of the best creamy lotions for pregnant bellies to soothe their itchy tummy while minimizing stretch marks and scar build-up during and after pregnancy
- It comprises of a holistic blend of herbal extracts that work hard to diminish the look of scarred, stretched skin during and after pregnancy
- Made with plant-based ingredients like Sea Lettuce Extract, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil & Vitamin E, it gives off a very subtle floral smell that will make you content
- This lotion is very long-lasting, as a little bit of lotion goes a long way
- It also works very well to reduce age spots from your skin
The best belly butter is the one that suits you most. But with loads of ingredients fused for your comfort and an amazing experience, it can be easily said that the list of lotions for pregnant women given above is among the best. So ladies, pick a product and watch those stretch marks disappear with the force of all-natural ingredients!