Eczema is a type of skin disease that is affecting millions of people in the world. The most common symptoms of this skin condition are dry, itchy skin, redness and bleeding due to scratching. Though the rashes may not be visible in some cases, there might be discoloration on the surface of the skin. Eczema can affect people of any age group; even infants may suffer from this skin problem which usually gets detected only after a proper diagnosis is made.The most common type of eczema is nummular eczema, contact eczema, allergic contact eczema and few others which are rarely found. Doctors still haven’t found the main health reason that leads to this skin condition. In some cases, it’s the genetic factor, but among children, the environment can trigger eczema. There are cases reported where children whose parents have eczema or any other atopic disease are likely to have the same illness at a very young age.
Treatment for Eczema
Eczema can never be fully cured, but various treatments are available to help in controlling the skin condition among both young and adult. The whole procedure is focused on healing dry, itchy skin and avoiding irritants that can worsen the skin condition. Halting eczema can be difficult, but using proper products like special creams or organic oils like argan oil for eczema can help in battling the skin irritation. Research shows that essential oils like lavender oil, rosemary and argan oil are packed with anti-inflammatory properties, antibacterial properties and moisture to dry skin.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Eczema
There is a particular reason why many people are opting for argan oil to overcome eczema.
- Argan oil is light on the skin and gets evenly absorbed. As its 100% organic, many parents shop for argan oil for baby eczema as it’s not harsh on the child’s delicate skin, unlike many other moisturizers.
- Compared to other medicated creams, argan oil for eczema skin gets quickly absorbed without leaving any oily residue. All you need to do is use few drops of argan oil on the affected area and rub in the circular motion to lock the moisture for hours.
- Packed with Vitamin E, using argan oil will help repair the damaged skin and prevent any further mutilation. Also, it will reduce skin irritation, itching, and rashes.
- There are hardly any reports on argan oil allergy as this essential oil is organic and got the non-stick texture.
- Argan oil also contains oleic and in-oleic acid that prevents dryness of skin cells. The antioxidant properties get rid of free radicals and restore the elasticity of the skin. Beauty experts believe that argan oil can be used as an anti-aging cream by a person with sensitive skin.
- Though being an essential oil, it naturally exfoliates dead cells and impurities leaving soft, supple skin.
How to Use Argan Oil for Eczema
The most important thing to keep in mind before using argan oil for eczema is opting the product that is 100% organic without the mix of any other oil. Test the oil on the underside of your hand to check if it irritates the skin. This step is crucial if you are picking argan oil for baby eczema.
The best time to apply argan oil is right after bathing. Apply few drops into your skin, gently massage until it gets absorbed into the skin. This will help in locking the moisture in your skin for hours. One can also use argan oil before applying makeup, as it will create a barrier between skin and makeup layer on face. Another critical time to apply a generous amount of Argan oil is in the night. Application of oil before sleeping will help in skin hydration, repair of skin cells, and getting rid of dead skin cells, so you look fresh next morning.
Let Argan Oil Soothe Your Eczema.
There is a high demand for argan oil for eczema due to its incredible healing properties. Many cosmetic companies are today coming up with creams, face wash, scrub and even makeup that contains argan oil. But the popularity of this product has also given rise to unethical business practices. Many brands are mixing different oil with argan oil that can lead to skin problem. So, while choosing the argan oil online, take a look at the ingredients and information stated on the back side of the product. The brand should only provide 100% pure argan oil without mixing it with any other essential oils.
If you are suffering from eczema or any other skin problems, make sure to have a small test before applying on the affected area. This will help you decide if your skin have argan oil allergy or not. Using argan oil on daily bases will help restore the moisture on dry the skin, reduce the redness, itching and help rejuvenate skin cells.